Розташуйте слова в чотири стовпчика, як показано у зразку
insulator, failure, fail, add, addition, additional, overestimate, equal, equalize, equality, equally, differ, different, difference, resist, resistance, resistively, resistivity, resistant, commonly, consumer, faulty, number, impossible, impossibility, carelessly, possible, anticlockwise.
8. Перекладіть текст на рідну мову.
Energy is the capacity for doing work. The various forms of energy, interconvertible by suitable means, include potential, kinetic, electrical, heat, chemical, nuclear, and radiant energy. Interconversion between these forms of energy occurs only in the presence of matter.
In the absence of matter energy can only exist in the form of radiant energy.
9. Підкреслить суфікси i визначте до яких частин відносяться наступні слова
contrary, storage, negligible, simultaneous, annual, notion, necessary, vital, obvious, excellent, coincidence, active, cottage, muddy, boundless, available, availability, expenditure, voyage, measure, unify, evident, evidence, dedicate, productivity, signify, primary, appreciable, permanent, greatness, hopeful, stimulate, region, recognize, electrify, pavement, nature, ration, boredom, hardship, equal, capable, detachment, commodity, temporary, accumulate, membership, brotherhood, atomic, scientific, influence, basic, liberalize, subsequent, subsequently, consequence, domestic, modify, accelerate, positive.
10. Перекладіть на рідну мову
1. Oxygen combines directly with nearly all elements.
2. Plastic materials are relative new insulating materials.
3. Polythene cables have numerous advantages.
4. Do not underestimate the advantages of the new resistors.
5. Include the data into the common list.
6. Use additional resistors, please.
7. The importance of semiconductors for modern science should not be underestimated.
8. Semiconductors conduct electricity less efficiently than metals.
9. The method proved to be efficient.
10. What resistance materials are in common use today?
11. Two more carbons were linked to the molecule.
12. A compound is considered more stable the smaller its potential energy.
11. Перекладіть речення на рідну мову.
Визначте які частини мови вживаються і з якими суфіксами та префіксами.
1. The term is unlikely to be indefinable.
2. It is an insoluble problem.
3. Private property is institutionalized under slave system.
4. So medium B is loseless.
5. The degree of success was unexpectedly great.
6. A somewhat different method leads to the same result.
7. This method differs from that used previously.
8. Some of this difference is ascribed to risks.
9. While differing in detail these programs involve similar problem.
10. The nature of this problem is somewhat different, and different questions arise concerning objectives and method to be used in public policy.
11. In order to make the three qualitatively different kinds of the transfer comparable, all indicators were weighted differently according to their importance.
12. They always differ in opinion.
13. Their derived solutions differ.
14. To achieve these goals interdisciplinary research is essential.
15. The radiation loss is unavoidable.
16. If done frequently, this process is unacceptably slow.
17. He’s speculations were illogical.
18. The length of the smallest addressable unit should be used definable.
19. Independent statements are those potentially parallelizable.
20. The above is actually an over-simplification.
12. Вкажіть, якою частиною мови є видiленi слова у наступних реченнях. Перекладіть речення
1. In order to locate some defect in objects made of wood, rubber or metal the laboratory assistant X-rays them.
2. X-rays are extensively used in industry.
3. Uranium fogs photographic plates.
4. London fogs prevent people from seeing anything even at very short distances.
5. This worker sorts all sorts of things produced at the mill.
6. As the earth turns towards the east it carries the air with it.
7. Cotton grows where the climate is good for its growth.
8. No scientist will say how that atom is indivisible.
9. Amplifiers are extensively used in radio transmitters.
10. The launching of the first Earth satellite was a great victory of the science.
11. It was in 1882 that P. Chebyshev invented the arithmometer performing multiplication and division.
12. Oil, natural gas and nuclear power each have important roles to play in the energy industry.
Test „Перевір себе”
Виберіть правильний варіант
1. The aluminum plant is a (consumer/ consumption) of the (local/ locally) generated electric power.
2. The (new/ newly) built shops are (importance/ important) for the future of the power plant.
3. They are (elders/ olders).
4. (Inevitably/ inevitable) after so much (initial/ initially) enthusiasm disillusionment set in, fuelled by (overquantification/ overquantificated) and dehumanization of real life situation and (overidentification/ overidentificated) with military problems.
5. There are two reasons for denying the (validity/ validness) of the postulate.
6. He found in both the same (incomprehensibility/ incomprehensible).
7. Nuclear energy is energy released during a nuclear (reactor/ reaction) as a result of (convertible/ conversion) of mass into energy.
8. Uranium is a (comparison/ comparable/ comparatively) rare element.
9. The nine (played/ playing) an excellent game.
10. The most (importance/ important) problems in (atom/ atomic) power (generator/ generation) are connected with the reactors. Reactor (technologist/ technology) is still in (progressive/ progress). The light-water reactor types seem most (usefulness/ usefully/ useful).
11. The method suffers (bad/ badly) from disturbance effects.
12. This does not (necessary/ necessarily) mean maintenance of constant heat content.
1999 – nineteen ninety nine
2000 – two thousand, twenty hundred
2002– twenty oh two, twenty hundred and two
1. Прочитайте і запишіть словами кількісні числівники:
27; 75; 29; 33; 77; 38; 146; 259; 940; 551; 387; 422; 287; 328; 1,560; 1,970; 2,405; 5,270,320; 4,937,750; 5,786,432.
2. Прочитайте і запишіть словами порядкові числівники:
21st, 33rd, 54th, 62nd, 28th, 37th, 44th, 139th, 453rd, 185th, 1542nd, 7857th, 5282nd, 329th, 2548th, 7654th, 8765th, 1457th.
3. Прочитайте і запишіть словами роки:
1905, 1941, 2001, 2003, 1991, 1945, 2005, 2004, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2007, 2020.
Читання математичних символів
Таблиця основних форм нестандартних дієслів