The British Company Management
The management of the company is called the Board of Directors (not Managers) headed by the Chairman ( = the President/Am./) There is usually a Managing Director and in the case of big companies there may be several Joint Managing Directors.
A Manager in British companies is the person who is head of a department – Sales, Export, Work (Production), Staff, est.: So there are Sales Managers, Export Managers, Work (Production) Managers, Staff Managers, etc.
A General Manager has managers, working under the control, and receives his instructions from the Managing Director.
By British Company Law a limited company (public or private) must have a Company Secretary whose duties are plenty. The Company Secretary must be a properly qualified person, and to be able to fulfill his routine duties well. He is expected to be part-lawyer, part-economist, part-administrator and part-accountant.
2. Найдите в словаре значения следующих слов, запишите их в своих тетрадях и выпишите.
the Board of Directors a General Manager
the Chairman joint
the Managing Director a limited company
a Sales Manager a duty
an Export Manager qualified
a Production Manager to fulfill
a Staff Manager
3. Ответьте на вопросы по тексту.
1) What is the name of the management of the company?
2) What is a Manager?
3) Whom does a General Manager receive instructions from?
4) What are the requirements to the Company Secretary?
4. Поставьте вместо пропусков в предложениях слова: much, many, little, few, a little, a few.
1) He had … English books at home, so he had to go the library for more books.
2) There were … new words in the text, and Nick spent … time learning them.
3) My mother knows German … and she can help you with the translation of this letter.
4) At the conference we met … people whom we knew well.
5) If you have … spare time, look through this book.
5. Составьте предложения из данных слов.
1) Worked, this, a year ago, at the city court, judge.
2) Is, too, a student, my friend`s, brother.
3) The highest, is, the Supreme Soviet, of the country, judicial organ.
4) Of its citizens, protects, the state, the rights and interests.
5) A few, will invite, he, tomorrow, friends, to the party.
6. Заполните пропуски местоимениями в объектном падеже.
1) This is a reference book. Take … from the table.
2) Give … your English text-book, Mike.
3) Where is Henry? I don’t see … .
4) These men are doctors. I work with … .
5) Our teachers discuss our mistakes with … .
7. Заполните пропуски притяжательным местоимениями:
1) This is not … (I) note-book. Take it, please.
2) They always do … lessons at home.
3) Give him … (he) letter.
4) Take Mary to … (she) house.
5) (They) … parents live in Moscow.
8. Напишите нужную степень прилагательного, данного в скобках.
1. This song is (самая популярная) this season.
2. The Moon is (намного меньше) than the Earth.
3. That translation is (хуже) than your one.
4. The lectures of this professor are (самые интересные).
5. Mathematics is (труднее) for me than History.
1. Заполните пропуски подходящим по смыслу словом
Merchandise, currency, commercial, foreign exchange, to finance, to supervise, to charter
1. Federal government … and … all national banks.
2. International cooperation between banks makes it possible … imports and exports.
3. It is possible to convert American dollars to Swiss francs in … department.
4. The … Germany is the euro.
5. All … banks make loans to borrowers.
6. If the importer buys … from another country he will pay it in the currency of this country.
2. Выпишите из текста сказуемые в 3 лице единственного числа
3. Выпишите из текста все неправильные глаголы, запишите их основные формы и переведите на русский язык
Образец: to take(брать) – took – taken
4. Перепишите и переведите предложение на русский язык и задайте всевозможные вопросы
There are many different banks in various countries.
5. Перепишите и переведите предложение, выпишите английское сказуемое и определите время сказуемого
1) Baxter has just returned from his work.
2) Clara will have graduated from the college by the end of the year.
3) She doesn`t work and she is looking after her children the whole day.
4) Baxter Slate helps his wife about the house.
5) Baxter`s parents live in the little cottage not far from the city.
6) He worked as police inspector.
7) Clara will become an economist.