Jefferson lab, located in Newport News, is a world-class scientific laboratory which provides a unique capability for nuclear physics research. Currently we have excellent opportunities for two Accelerator Engineers
The successful candidates will work as team members, developing innovative solutions towards improving the performance of superconducting accelerators. Emphasis of the work will be in the RF7 and electronic area (design and development of RF power schemes, testing,), but interest and participation in other aspects of the accelerator technology will be encouraged. The minimum qualifications for this position are a BS in mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or related field with a minimum of three years experience developing creative design solutions to novel problems. Experience with novel fabrication techniques and materials, unusual mechanical properties, rf hardware is highly desirable.
The starting annual salary range is $53,000-$83,900. Please send resume and salary history to: Jefferson lab, ATTN: employment Manager, 12000 Jefferson avenue, Newport News, VA 23606.
• 1au-pair [ә| ´peә] – девушка, которая изучает язык, проживая в чужой семье и ухаживая за детьми и/или помогая по дому в другой стране
• 2hrs per week – часов в неделю
• 3incl. – сокр. от included – включен в состав
• 4tube pass – проездной билет на метро
• 5Chelsea – фешенебельный район в Лондоне
• 6info – сокр. от information
• 7division – отдел
• 8 equiv. & rel. work exp. – опыт подобной работы
• 9RF – сокр. от radio frequency – радиочастота
12.1 Read the words and guess their meaning.
12.2. Match each verb with a group of nouns.
12.3 Discuss the following:
1. At what age can you get a part-time job in your country?
2. Have your parents ever been unemployed?