I had a fantastic holiday in Jamaica. It was hot and the sea was blue and lovely
1.Complete Susans e-mail with the verbs in the box. Use the ing form.
be cook do eat go see study
My names Susan and Im a student. I like being a student, but I dont like 1 __________. I do four hours work every evening. I live in a house with my friend, Laura. We like 2 __________ good food, but Laura hates 3 __________. She only makes pasta. We often go to fast food restaurants. Its really unhealthy. I love 4 __________ home and eating my mums food. At the weekends, we like 5 __________ friends. We love and music and singing. What do you like 6 __________?
2.Complete the sentences with me / mine, you / yours, him / his, etc.
Example: Thats mine! Give it to me.
1 That dog isnt __________. They dont have a dog.
2 He likes Susan, but he doesnt love __________.
3 We dont speak French. They dont understand
4 Can you help __________? I cant do this exercise.
5 It isnt a good book. I dont like __________.
6 This books __________. Look! Heres your name.
7 Are they Italian? Can you ask __________?
8 It isnt __________. He has a blue jacket.
3.Underline the correct word or phrase in each sentence.
Example: Do you like listening/ listento songs?
1 I like you. Do you like me/ I?
2 Thats mine/ mycar.
3 Im sorry. I can/ cantplay tennis this evening.
4 Can you to play/ playchess?
5 Do you can/ Can youcome to my birthday party?
6 I love going/ goto the park.
4.Look at the pictures and complete the verb phrases.
Example: wait for a bus
1 s__________ a song
2 d__________ a picture
3 g__________ someone a present
4 p__________ a game
5 h__________ a noise
6 f__________ some money
7 u__________ a computer
A) Read the paragraph and answer the questions:
Brian is a doctor. He looks after sick people. He usually gets up at 6.00 oclock. Today he is late, it is 6.30 and he is still in bed. He usually goes to work by train but today he is driving to work. He arrives at work at 6.30 every morning but it is 7.30 now and he is still driving.
Its 12.00 oclock now. He always has his lunch at 12.00 but today he isnt having lunch at 12.00, he is looking after his sick patients. It is half past seven now, Brian is watching TV. He usually watches TV at half past seven because his favorite programme starts at half past seven. Brian has his dinner at 8.30 everyday and he is having dinner now.
It is 24.00 now Brian is going to bed. He always goes to bed at 24.00.
1. What does Brian do? 6. When does he always have his lunch?
2. What time does he usually get up? 7. What is he doing at 12.00 today?
3. How does he usually go to work? 8. Why does he usually watch TV at 7.30?
4. Why is he driving to work today? 9. What time does he go to bed?
5. What time does he arrive at work everyday? 10. What time is he going to bed now?
B) Fill in the blanks with PRESENT CONTINUOUS or SIMPLE PRESENT:
F) Complete the sentences with SIMPLE PRESENT or PRESENT CONTINUOUS:
1.Susan usually . (go) to school by bus, but now she .. (go) to school by train.
2.Mary often .. (read) in bed, but today she is very tired and she . (not / read).
3.The boys usually (ride) their bikes to school. They . (like / ride) their bikes. They (be) very naughty boys. They always (go) to school late. Today their teacher . (be) very angry, because they (be) late again.
4.Mary .. (like / eat) sweets. Every morning she . (have) coffee with a lot of sweets and chocolate. For lunch she and her friends often .. (eat) sweets or ice-cream. She (not / like / eat) fruit or vegetables. She (eat / never) eggs or cheese. Today she .. (be) sick. She (sleep) in her room now.
L) Ask questions for the underlined words:
George often has a bath.
Mike eats corn-flakes for breakfast every morning.
The teacher is writing some examples on the board.
Tom is watching a film now.
My parents never smoke cigarettes.
Peter and Rob go to school by service bus.
Sam is doing his homework in his room.
I read two books every month.
I cant understand Hans because I dont know German.
No, Sally isnt writing a letter now.
N) Build up sentences:
1. He / like watching TV / but / he / not / watch / at the moment / because / he / sleep //
2. What / Wendy / do / at the moment / ? // She / clean / her teeth / bathroom //
3. mother / can ( - ) / help me / now / because / she / cook / kitchen //
4. Where / your cousin / live / ? // She / live / Sydney / Australia //
5. Why / you / eat / sandwich / now / ? // Because / I / be / hungry //
6. Tim / usually / go / work / bicycle //
7. children / play / games / everyday //
8. My brother / can ( - ) / play / tennis / because / he / not / have / racket //
9. How often / mother / cook / pizza / ? //
10. My parents / not / like / roller-skates / because / they / be / dangerous //
A) Chillis friend Della was on holiday in Jamaica. Read her letter to Chilli and complete it
with the correct verbs.
* invited * stopped * talked * stayed * travelled * enjoyed
* didnt sleep * didnt get * watched * was * listened
I had a fantastic holiday in Jamaica. It was hot and the sea was blue and lovely.
I by plane from London to Kingston. I really .. the flight. It was eight hours long but I ..at all because I . so excited. During the flight I .. to music, .. a film and .