III. Подберите к слову из колонки А слово или словосочетание из колонки В и запишите свой выбор в колонке С
A B С
1. neon a) office 1. e
2. make-up b) room 2.
3. tell c) jogging 3.
4. post d) ache 4.
5. go e) lights 5.
6. changing f) a joke 6.
7. tooth g) your mind 7.
A B C
1. department a) wrong 1.
2. fall b) gum 2.
3. suit c) bin 3.
4. earn d) a living 4.
5. chewing e) case 5.
6. go f) store 6.
7. rubbish g) in love 7.
A B C
1. tell a) weight 1.
2. horror b) camping 2.
3. speak English c) film 3.
4. shop d) floor 4.
5. lose e) lifting 5.
6. go f) the truth 6.
7. ground g) fluently 7.
A B C
1. well-paid a) meal 1.
2. fill in b) the train 2.
3. earth c) job 3.
4. make d) quake 4.
5. take-away e) your age 5.
6. act f) noise 6.
7. miss g) a form 7.
IV. Подберите к выражению из колонки А подходящий ответ из колонки В и запишите свой выбор в колонке С.
A B С
1. Have a good weekend! а) Yes. Beautiful, isn’t it? 1.b
2. What a lovely day! b) Same to you! 2.
3. What size are you? c) No, that’s all, thanks. 3.
4. How much is a sandwich? d) Oh, dear! Bad luck. 4.
5. I’ve failed my exam e) Don’t mention it. 5.
f) 90 p.
A B С
1. My name is Joe. а) Yes, it was lovely. 1.
2. Did you have a good journey? b) By credit card. 2.
3. How would you like to pay? c) So do I. 3.
4. I’ve got an exam today. d) Congratulations! 4.
5. I’m getting married next week. e) Good luck, do your best. 5.
f) Pleased to meet you.
g) Thank you very much!
A B С
1. Excuse me! а) Mm. Horrible. 1.
2. How was the film yesterday? b) Just round the corner. 2.
3. A doughnut, please. c) Cheer up! 3.
4. Where’s the library? d) Of course not. 4.
5. See you tomorrow! e) Bye! Have a nice time! 5.
f) Yes. Can I help you?
g) Here you are.
A B С
1. Make yourself at home. а) It’s over there. 1.
2. When did you last do an exam? b) Certainly. 2.
3. Where’s the changing room? c) Oh, what a pity! 3.
4. I’d like to make a reservation. d) That’s very kind. Thank you. 4.
5. I can’t come to the party. e) Never mind. 5.
f) Oh, long ago.
I. Прочитайте предложения и заполните пропуски артиклями, где это необходимо.
Example: I’d like to go on an excursion to the Crimea.
1.___ President of ___ United States lives in ___ White House in ___ Washington D.C.
2. What do you think of Jane? - She's ___ extremely nice person.
3. Mary is wearing ___ beautiful ring today. It is made of ___ gold.
4. ___ beef is a kind of ___ meat.
5. I have ___ idea. Let's go on ___ picnic on ___ Saturday.
6. We went to ___ South of ___ Russia ____last year.
7. ____ St. Paul’s Cathedral was designed by Sir Christopher Wren.
8. I’d like to have ___ hamburger for ___ breakfast.
9. Can you play ___ piano?
10. Will you play ___ chess with me?
11. At ___ night I had ___ terrible headache after I had drunk ___ lot of coffee in ___ evening.
12. Thomas Nixon is ___ last person I want to see.
13. My favourite subject at school was ___ History.
14. He knows ___ history of ___ French Revolution well.
15. Could you phone later, please? Ann is having ___ shower.
II. Прочитайте предложения и выберите правильный вариант ответа.
Example: They're listening ____ the news.
A. at B. to C. –
1. Who is she looking ______?
A. on B. at С. to
2. What's the matter.______ him?
A. by B. with С. from
3. No large ships can go ________ that bridge.
A. over B. across C. under
4. It's time for coffee. All the students are coming ______ their classes.
A. off B. out of С. out
5. What time does your plane take ______?
A. off B. out С. from
6. After failing his driving test four times, he finally gave ______ trying to pass.
A. in B. off C. up
7. I go to school on foot, but yesterday I went to school _____ bus.
A. on B. in C. by
8. Bye, see you ______ Monday morning.
A. on B. at C. in
9. She got married ______ the age of 19.
A. in B. of C. at
10. Jim is a person I can rely ______.
A. at B. on C. for
11. According ______ the forecast the weather will remain better than usual for this time of year.
A. for B. to C. of
12. I haven’t seen her ______ Monday.
A. since B. for C. by
13. My little brother is afraid ______ spiders.
A. to B. for C. of
14. You shouldn’t depend ______ Tom, he’s always late.
A. of B. on C. to
15. Who has paid ______ the meal?
A. for B. out C. with
16. The banks close ______ 7 o’clock in the evening.
A. in B. at C. on
17. Bob is going to play tennis ______ next Sunday.
A. – B. in C. on
18. My sister is always angry ______ me when I am late.
A. at B. on C. with
19. I can’t open the door, I’m looking ______ the key.
A. for B. after C. in
20. Don’t laugh ______ my little sister.
A. on B. at C. about
III. Заполните пробелы одним из следующих местоимений: somebody, anybody, something, anything, somewhere, anywhere.
Example: First, I didn’t know anybody in my new class.
1. ______ has broken my vacuum cleaner.
2. I’ve got ______ for you. I hope you’ll like it.
3. I feel bored. Let’s go ______.
4. Do you have ______ romantic to read?
5. It’s a pity, but we can’t do ______ .
6. Does ______ mind if I open the window?
7. If you are so hungry, let’s go ______ to eat.
8. ______ has told me you’re getting married. Congratulations!
9. Oh! There’s ______ very heavy in your suitcase.
10. I’ll take ______ to read before going to the beach.
11. Have you already invited ______ to your party?
12. I haven’t got ______ to wear at all!
13. Let’s ask ______ to sing.
14. Don’t ask me! I don’t want to go ______ .
15. Look! ______ is waving you.
16. Have you bought ______ ?
17. I want to go _______ exotic on holiday.
18. Give us _______ to drink, please.
19. Please don’t tell ______ about this accident.
20. I haven’t got ______ to talk to you about.
21. I think there’s _______ wrong with my watch. I must go to the repair shop.
22. I’m sure there’s ______ inside, just knock louder!
23. Do you know ______ here?
24. There is always _______ I don’t understand.
25. There isn’t ______ we can do now.
26. Can ______ serious come out of this?
27. I haven’t got ______ to say.
28. Quick, let’s go! There’s ______ coming.
29. Nobody can find ______ about when the exams will be.
30. Sally, there’s ______ downstairs who wants to speak to you.
IV. Прочитайте предложения и выберите правильный вариант ответа.
Example: Mary speaks Japanese_______ than Spanish.
A. the worst B. worse C. more bad
1. I weigh 80 kilos. You’re ______ me.
A. lighter B. lighter than C. light as
2. The Nile is ______ river in the world.
A. longest B. the longest C. long
3. Who is _______ singer in France?
A. more famous B. the most famous C. most famous
4. I think jazz is ______ rock music.
A. better B. the best C. better than
5. The ring wasn’t as ______ I expected.
A. expensive B. expensive as C. expensive than
6. You look ______ you did yesterday.
A. worse B. worse than C. worst than
7. What’s ______ month of the year in India?
A. wettest B. wetter C. the wettest
8. My ______ holiday was in France.
A. more enjoyable B. the most enjoyable C. most enjoyable
9. Is cheese ______ meat?
A. healthier than B. healthier C. healthy than
10. Your daughter is as ______ her mother.
A. beautiful B. beautiful as C. beautiful than
11. The Amazon is ______ river in the world.
A. wider B. widest C. the widest
12. The North Pole isn’t as ______ the South Pole.
A. cold B. cold as C. colder as
13. The black mamba is ______ land snake.
A. the fastest B. fastest C. the most fast
14. Bob is ______ than his brother.
A. as polite B. more polite C. the more polite
15. Chemistry is ______ physics.
A. easier B. as easy C. easier than
16. China has ______ population in the world.
A. big B. bigger C. the biggest
17. The sweater is small. I need ______ size.
A. a larger B. the largest C. large
18. The Mississippi is ______ the Nile.
A. shorter B. shorter than C. the shorter than
19. I don’t feel ______ as yesterday.
A. tired B. as tired C. more tired
20. This task is ______ than I expected.
A. difficult B. as difficult C. more difficult
21. This book is ______ than that one.
A. thicker B. thick C. thickest
22. Her hair is short. My hair is ______ than hers.
A. long B. longer C. longest
23. Today is ______ day of the year.
A. warmer B. the warmest C. more warm
24. ______ people smoke these days than before.
A. Less B. Few C. Fewer
25. This way is ______ than the other.
A. the safest B. safer C. more safer
26. The patient looks much ______ today.
A. best B. the best C. better
27. Jack’s ______ brother was my classmate.
A. the oldest B. elder C. the eldest
28. Ann is as ______ as her mother.
A. tall B. the tallest C. taller
29. His manners are even ______ than his sister’s.
A. most bad B. worst C. worse
30. Don’t send a letter. It’s ______ to phone him.
A. easier B. more easy C. the easiest
V. Прочитайте предложения и выберите правильный вариант ответа.
Example: When I entered the room, she _____________ on the sofa.
A. lay B. is lying C. was lying
1. Your sister always drinks strong coffee, _______________ she?
A. doesn’t B. does C. isn’t
2. I ___________________ here since September.
A. am B. was C. have been
3. We’ve got tickets, and tomorrow evening we _________________ to the cinema.
A. are going B. go C. have gone
4. The day before yesterday we _____________ to the restaurant by Tom.
A. are invited B. were invited C. invited
5. She asked me ____________________ a car.
A. do I have B. if did I have C. if I had
6. I’m hot because I ___________________!
A. have been running B. have run C. ran
7. My dentist says I _________________ eat so many sweets.
A. can’t B. don’t have to C. shouldn’t
8. The weather is nice today, but it __________________ bad yesterday.
A. was B. is C. has been
9. Dad ____________________ on Saturdays.
A. is usually working B. usually works C. is usually worked
10. ____________________ you understand what I’m saying?
A. Can B. Should C. Must
11. Mr. Harrison said that he ____________________ again.
A. will call B. would call C. calls
12. His smile was something she _________________ before.
A. had never seen B. has never seen C. never saw
13. Mom isn’t at home. She ___________________ to the shops and she will be back soon.
A. has gone B. has been C. went
14. It _______________________ in this part of the world.
A. is often raining B. was often raining C. often rains
15. Nylon __________________ in the early 1930s.
A. was invented B. invented C. will be invented
16. Last week my Dad ______________________ to work on foot.
A. was going B. has gone C. went
17. While my son __________________ for my call, somebody knocked at the door.
A. waited B. was waiting C. was waited
18. He can play golf well, ____________________ he?
A. doesn’t B. can C. can’t
19. Run downstairs. Your sister _________________ for you.
A. waits B. is waiting C. waited
20. How long ______________________ here?
A. have you sat B. did you sit C. have you been sitting
21. Listen! That boy __________________ the saxophone.
A. plays B. is playing C. played
22. George _____________________ swimming yesterday.
A. go B. has gone C. went
23. We __________________ from him since he left for Kenya.
A. didn’t hear B. haven’t heard C. hadn’t heard
24. You ___________ a lovely song when I entered the room. What was it?
A. were singing B. sang C. had sung
25. Little children like books with large print. They ____________________ read them more easily.
A. should B. have to C. can
26. Tom _________________ as a postman for a month.
A. is working B. has been working C. works
27. ‘Sunflowers’ _____________________ by Van Gogh.
A. was painted B. painted C. was painting
28. She asked me _________________.
A. if I smoked B. if I smoke C. did I smoke
29. Sam doesn’t work hard, _________________ he?
A. is B. does C. isn’t
30. He was tired because he ________________ hard in the garden all day.
A. worked B. has worked C. had been working
31. ‘What ____________ in your spare time?’ – ‘I often go to the cinema.’
A. do you do B. are you doing C. have you done
32. I went away while the others _________________ lunch.
A. had B. were having C. had had
33. After it _____________________ raining, we went out.
A. had stopped B. stopped C. would stop
34. The children are drawing. They _____________ since they came home.
A. have been drawing B. have drawn C. have been drawn
35. I don’t know Spanish, but I _____________________ it now.
A. learn B. am learning C. have learnt
36. They sent a letter the day before yesterday, _______________ they?
A. did B. hadn’t C. didn’t
37. The doctor told me __________________ more exercise.
A. to do B. doing C. do
38. _________________ I speak to Jane, please?
A. Could B. Must C. Shall
39. I asked her ___________________ a phone call.
A. was there B. if there was C. if was there
40. Coca-Cola ______________________ for over one hundred years.
A. has been produced B. has produced C. was produced
VI. Составьте вопросы, расположив данные слова в правильном порядке.
Example: earn much a she How does year?
How much does she earn a year?
1. you You Madrid don’t live in?
2. borrow you Whose did car?
3. whisky you ever drunk Have?
4. the broke last Monday Who window?
5. you lived How town in long your have?
6. you on Where year go did last holiday?
7. George’s Who you girlfriend about told?
8. my you in for looking What are bag?
9. countries she She visiting doesn’t exotic like does ?
10. has many he How countries visited foreign?
11. Why I invited your wasn’t party to?
12. was castle When this built?
13. your watching Does comedies mother enjoy ?
14. Tom What Sally about are and talking?
15. English When you learning start did?
16. tennis often she How does play?
17. dictionary you Why got a haven’t?
18. was Where she she did child live a when?
19. sandwiches is Who make going to?
20. to Who she married did get?