C Head Receptionist
C High season
2. _________ is a room with office facilities available to guests at a hotel.
a Business centre;
b Business club;
c Designated areas
3. _________ is a path through the country.
4. _________ are buildings in which horses are kept.
5. _________ is a hotel bedroom with an adjoining living-room.
b Single room;
c Double room
6. _________ is a traditional dancing of a community or country.
a Tap dancing;
b Folk dancing;
c Ballroom dancing
7. _________ is friendly and generous treatment of guests.
8. Our room was _________. There was only a bed and a table with two chairs in it.
a richly furnished;
C sparsely furnished
9. _________ is a holiday taken by newly married couple.
a High season;
10. This place is very popular. That`s why reservations should be made _________.
a in advance;
c at the wrong time
11. _________ are scattered over 20 different campgrounds.
12. _________ is music that is performed.
a Recorded music;
b Folk music;
C Live music
13. His job is to visit hotels, especially the _________ 5-star ones.
a de luxe;
14. We don’t need anything too _________ – just a private bathroom.
15. I don`t mind _________ for it.
a to pay;
16. We are both _________ walking.
b fond of;
17. The most important things are polite staff and _________ service.
18. Unfortunately big hotels are so _________.
19. We felt very comfortable in _________ rooms at a hotel in the centre of the city.
20. _________ is a booklet containing information about a hotel.
21. _________ is something pleasant in addition to what was expected.
22. _________ are official documents that give somebody the right to go somewhere or do something.
23. _________ is a holiday town.
24. _________ are areas marked out for a particular purpose.
a Dedicated areas;
b Designated areas;
c Assigned areas
25. _________ is a group of hotels owned by the same person or company.
26. _________ is an amount of money available for a specific purpose.
27. _________ is a place where guests serve themselves from a number of dishes.
a Refreshment room;
b Buffet service;
28. You can _________ here in this café after hard work.
c have / get a respite
29. The river _________ into its two parallel ranges.
30. Eiffel Tower is a _________ place. Everybody knows it.
31. There was a lot of space in our room. It was _________.
32. The hotel is located in the center of the city. It was _________.
a within easy reach;
33. Our firm makes profit at present. That’s why we’ve decided to _________ our business.
34. Shops, bars, tavernas, restaurants are located _________ the hotel.
a far and wide;
35. I love going on _________ , especially in Europe.
36. I like spending time on a tennis _________ .
37. In our yard there is a ___________ for children to play.
38. Sites are scattered over 30 different____________.
b trailer parks;
39. This hotel is very popular. That`s why ___________ should be made beforehand.
40. We can watch different films and TV programs on ___________.
b color television;
c tape recorder
41. You can take some drink in ___________ in your room.
42. He`d like to stay in a room with a ___________ of the bay.
43. Our room was very clear and bright. There were three beautiful crystal ___________ in it.
44. I`d like a room ___________ the sea.
b rising above;
45. He likes to stay in neither large nor small rooms. He prefers ___________ ones.
46. I think, I ___________ better treatment.
47. She often goes to ___________ to keep fit.
48. We could see ourselves in a full-length ___________ which was hanging on the wall.
a looking glass;
49. ___________ are people who are unable to use all the parts of their body.
b Physically challenged;
C The disabled
50. ___________ is a way by which people can leave a burning building.
a Air escape;
b Fire escape;
c Fire engine
51. ___________ is a part of building that has been added later.
52. ___________ are sloping surfaces to let wheeled vehicles go up stairs.
53. ___________ are equipment and place where a baby can be cleaned and changed.
a Room service;
b Nappy-changing facilities;
c Laundry service
54. ___________ is a service for washing and cleaning clothes.
a Room service;
b Nappy-changing facilities;
C Laundry service
55. ___________ are mirrors in which a person can see their whole body.
a Full-length mirrors;
b Small-sized mirrors;
c Large-sized mirrors
56. I’m a partner in a company that builds ___________ – swimming-pools, saunas, tennis courts.
a servicing facilities;
b leisure facilities;
57. ___________ are offered in our hotel for families with a baby.
a a low-level front desk;
58. People can get sun burnt in ___________ even in winter.
59. Our room was ___________ with a bath and shower.
a en suite ;
60. There is a golf ___________ not far from our house.
61. ___________ is a device for ironing and pressing a pair of trousers.
c Trouser stretcher
62. ___________ is a system of controlling something (e.g. television) from a distance.
a Remote access;
b Remote control;
c Far control
63. ___________ is a group of hotels owned by the same person or company.
64. ___________ is a strong suggestion to do something.
65. ___________ is a bus service provided by a hotel free of charge.
a Sightseeing bus;
b City bus;
C Courtesy bus
66. ___________ is a room where a person can lie and be exposed to bright artificial sunlight.
67. ___________ is a number of rooms actually used by guests compared to the total number of rooms available.
a Human occupancy;
b Occupancy rates;
c Recreational occupancy
68. ___________ is a room at the top of a building in the roof.
69. Their flat was ___________, simple but comfortable.
70. It was an extra-large, ___________ bed.
71. You can leave your car in ___________ near the hotel.
c taxi rank
72. In this hotel there is a ___________ for people to relax or play.
b recreation room;
73. ___________ is a compartment or cage raised or lowered in a vertical shaft to transport persons or goods in a building.
74. Our room was very warm due to ___________ though there was no air-conditioning in it.
a solar heating;
b central heating;
c forced-air heating
75. ___________ is someone who cannot stop working.
b Work addict;
c Heavy workload
76. ___________ is an art of growing flowers, fruit and vegetables.
b market gardening;
77. ___________ is a person who applies for a job or wants to be elected to a particular position.
78. ___________ is a person whose job is making or repairing wooden things.
79. ___________ is a department that deals with employees.
80. ___________ are abilities a man needs to do a job well.
81. ___________ is a person whose job is to supervise Front-of-House Operations.
a Resident Manager;
b Front Office Manager;
c Head Receptionist
82. ___________ is a person whose job is to look after the reception area in general.
a Resident Manager;
b Front Office Manager;
c Head Receptionist
83. ___________ is a person whose job is to provide for guest’s needs and special requests.
c Head Housekeeper
84. I’m writing to ___________ for the post of Manager as advertised in this month’s edition of your magazine.
85. I have a good ___________ of English and Spanish.
86. I shall be ___________ for interview from the middle of May.
87. She is very ___________. She always tells the truth.
88. Mary is a ___________ person. You can always rely on her.
89. A good host should always be ___________ and serve his guests first.
90. ___________ is a small amount of money given for good service.
91. ___________ are people who own or manage hotels.
92. ___________ is a person whose job is to fit and repair water-pipes, tanks in buildings.
93. ___________ is a woman whose job is to clean and tidy hotel bedrooms.
c Lady's maid
94. ___________ are people who have been chosen to attend a conference.
95. ___________ is a group of customers or guests.
96. His company makes a profit. It’s ___________.
97. ___________ is a person employed to carry luggage, parcels, supplies, etc. at a hotel.
a door person;
98. ___________ is a person whose job is to remove dirt, as from clothes or carpets.
a door person;
99. She wants to get fast promotion easily. She is very ___________.
100. My brother is very ___________ about his new job. There are great opportunities for him.
101. You should be more __________ not to be late for meetings.
102. You have to be __________ in this job because we work shifts.
103. The project will ____________ considerable expenses.
104. ___________ is training given in the hotel by the hotel staff.
a In-house training;
105. __________ is a client which is a company rather than individual.
a Corporate business;
b Corporate debtor;
C Corporate client
106. __________ are particular parts of the market.
a market pieces;
b market segments;
c market bits
107. ____________ is a style in which information is displayed.
108. ___________ is information for processing or storing.
109. Our system provides flexibility in ___________ the system to meet each client’s needs.
110. ___________ are divisions on a computer screen to show separate pieces of information.
111. If you are not a British ___________, you should bring your passport in order to complete the registration.
112. I would be grateful if you could __________ your reservation in writing or by fax.
113. When you ____________ the receptionist will allocate a room on the first floor for you.
a check out;
b check in;
114. ____________ the line, please. I’ll put you through.
115. I’m ____________, could you repeat, please?
116. ___________ is a front glass surface of a computer monitor.
117. Your reservation ___________ is PS8754.
118. I’ll check____________ . Yes, we’ve got one double room.
119. Is this a company booking or a(n) ____________ ?
120. Do you have a _____________ for a twin or double-bedded room?
121. I’d be __________ if you could confirm it in writing.
122. Our computers are linked together in a ____________ so we can all exchange information.
123. He needs to buy some plasters ____________.
a at the underground station
B at a chemist
c on the motorway
124. _________________ is an alcoholic drink taken before a meal.
125. People who do not eat meat are ____________ .
126. _____________ are small, slow-moving animals with a shell.
127. ___________ is a small plant like an onion with a strong taste and smell.
128. Freshly-baked apple drizzled with honey and served under a ____________ of home-made pastry.
129. Supreme of chicken crammed with garlic butter is _____________ in fresh breadcrumbs.
130. The Duty Manager will be ___________ to hear any suggestions, or help with any problems or difficulties you may have.
131. Please ____________ your room by midday on the day of departure.
132. Cod, halibut, haddock, whiting and plaice are some of other types of ____________ that form a part of Scottish cuisine.
133. Bara Birth is a kind of bread, which is traditionally ___________ with raisins.
134. In the first course the broth is _____________ and the second course contains the meat and the vegetables.
135. There are many vineyards in the area and export quality _________ is produced from here.
136. Among drinks and ___________, beer is highly preferred in Wales.
137. You can have your meals at home, in a café, in the ___________ of your factory or office.
c dining room
138. Don’t forget to put out the table ___________ for each guest and place several salt-cellars.
139. Simply put all the ____________ into a casserole dish and leave to cook gently.
140. This is one of my favorite ___________ from the UK brand of soup 'The Covent Garden Soup Co'.
141. When the Frankish Normans invaded, they brought with them the ___________ of the east: cinnamon, saffron, mace, nutmeg, pepper, ginger.
142. Would you like any _____________? − Yes, I’d like the soufflé glace au Grand Marnier.
143. Soufflé glacé au Grand Marnier is his favourite ice cream soufflé flavoured with Grand Marnier ___________.
144. There's a ___________ called Boots in the city centre that has nappies.
145. Perfume six snails with garlic and _________________ them in pastry.
146. Potatoes, bread and cheese are the three basic ingredients of any English ___________.
147. The _________ includes roast potatoes with a beef, lamb or a chicken roast.
148. The dish is also garnished with assorted ___________ sprinkled with fresh ground black pepper, lending it a specific aroma and a tangy taste.
149. For this ___________, sifted flour, milk, vegetable oils, and eggs and freshly ground black pepper are required.
150. In addition to food of Scotland, Scottish Whisky popularly known as Scotch is certainly a world leader in the finest ____________ of the world.
a soft drinks
b hot drinks
151. In case of fire ____________.