a break glass and press bell
b please do not disturb
c please vacate your room by 12 noon
152. A ___________ takes drinks orders, advises on wines.
b head waiter
C wine waiter
153. A ____________ serves customers, takes orders, and brings food.
b head waiter
c wine waiter
154. Home-made chicken liver pâté is served with melba _____________ and a crisp side salad.
155. ___________ has to be Italy's greatest contribution to world cuisine.
156. Meat ____________ are used to tell the temperature inside the meat.
b parking meters
157. _____________ is the system by which rooms have to be claimed or sold two days before.
a 24-hour release
B 48-hour release
c 12-hour release
158. Oh no, look at all these ____________. Which should we pay first?
159. Keep the ____________ in case it’s the wrong size.
160. Who shall I write the ____________ to?
161. What’s the dollar-euro exchange ____________ today, please?
162. I always use a credit ____________ to pay restaurant and hotel bills.
163. _____________ is money that a particular country uses.
164. It’s not necessary to ___________ a hotel doormen for carrying suitcases into the lobby, but porters could be given $1 a bag.
165. I have a _____________ to make. The room I’m in is terribly noisy.’
166. Do you have a ____________ room rate?
167. During the meal they were ignored by the _____________ and had to order their drinks at the bar and carry them back to the table.
168. We have a Standard room which contains all the basic _____________, such as private bath and TV, and the basic rate for the double is £85 a night .
169. Yesterday, when I arrived, it was _____________, and it’s quite obvious that it hasn’t been cleaned for days.
170. I’ll send room ____________ up with some clean sheets, and I’ll make sure the room is cleaned first thing tomorrow.
171. Well, I’m _____________ sorry, but that’s not possible.
172. Please tell the chef that was the best steak I have ever had. It was __________ marvellous.
173. The room I’m in is _____________ small. I must insist on having another one.
174. A guest was given the wrong key and found a body _____________.
A by chance
b in advance
c by mistake
175. If departmental managers and functional directors fail to give you satisfaction, get the top person's name and address from the _____________ services department.
176. I’m sorry to _____________ you, but I don’t seem to have any towels.
177. Sorry, but I _____________ tea, not coffee.
178. I’m _____________ sorry that it’s too noisy. Unfortunately it’s unavoidable because we’re having essential repair’s done.
179. On Monday we have a _____________ called ‘Cultural Crete’, where we visit many of the different cultural sights on the island.
180. The _____________ consists of views of notable South Carolinas, paintings, and drawings from the 18th century to the present.
181. The Museum Shop features an outstanding selection of _____________ arts prints, posters, cards, jewelry, and books.
182. These tours cover large areas of the peninsular city, including all major landmarks, with narration of professional _____________.
183. Hotel arrange _____________ services for guests. These may be excursions, walking tours, sporting activities, and so on.
b out of doors
184. An _____________ person likes excitement and new things.
185. A _____________ is a place where people can get off a couch
186. You can return to the ____________ ship in the evening, when there’ll also be dinner served and dancing.
187. You can have a donkey ______________ up to the town.
a street race
188. When you collect the car, we will provide you with a full ______________ of petrol.
189. You don’t need an international driving _____________ – a British one is fine.
190. Bowling is a very popular sport and we advise you to ____________ early to avoid disappointment.
191. Tuition is strongly recommended for _____________.
192. What activities ______________ place outside the grounds of Sherwood?
193. Guests are ______________ not to leave valuables in their rooms.
194. I’d like to look round the town, but I don’t want to ____________ a car.
195. The park is known as the Battery, and you can see examples of cannons and other war ____________.
196. The price quoted includes insurance for third ______________, fire and theft.
197. Local government ____________ are usually between 5% and 10% of the cost of hiring the car.
198. Which activities are not ______________ on Monday?
199. A ____________ licence is necessary to hire a car.
200. We offer 10% ______________ for cash payment.