Tell what sentences are true and what are false. 1) Lutsk National Technical University is one of the oldest higher educational establishments of Ukraine
1) Lutsk National Technical University is one of the oldest higher educational establishments of Ukraine. 2) In 1975 it became the Branch of Lviv Polytechnical Institute. 3) In 1997 it has got the Status of University and in 2008 it has got the status of the National University. 4) There is only a full time training at the University. 5) The university programmes are: Bachelor and Master. 6) The students of the University are mastering their future profession and they also don’t have a good rest. 7) Students have all facilities for going in for sport and it has become an important part of students' life.
2. Choose the right answer:
1) In 2008 LNTU has got the status of the … University.
2) Training by correspondence at the University are organized for those who want … .
a) to have a lot of rest;
b) to attend periods every day;
c) to combine their work and study.
3) There is also the Preparatory department for those who want … .
a) not to enter the University;
b) to enter the University;
c) to know more interesting information about the university.
4) The students are given the opportunity to choose … and subject courses by themselves.
a) books and equipment;
c) the curricula.
5) All educational and scientific work is organized and carried out by highly qualified … .
b) teachers and students;
6) The University devotes much attention to the promotion of cooperation with institutions of higher education in foreign countries on the basis of … .
a) good relationship;
b) telephone conversations;
c) bilateral agreements.
3. Complete the sentences:
1) Lutsk National Technical University was founded as … in … . 2) In 1975 it became the Branch of … . 3) In 1991 it was reorganized into the independent … . 4) In 1997 it has got … . 5) In 2008 it has got the status of the … . 6) There is a … training and training by … at the University. 7) There is also the … department for those who want to enter the University. 8) There is also a … programme to get the Candidate degree in engineering or economics. 9) The University is a complex of … . 10) The students of the University are not only mastering their future profession, but … . 11) Students go in for … .
4. Answer the questions:
1) When does the history of the formation and the development of LNTU begin? 2) What are the landmarks of its history? 3) Who does the University open the way for? 4) What are the University programmes? 5) What does a Post-graduate programme envisage? 6) What is the final result of post-graduating training? 7) What conditions and facilities does the University provide for future engineers? 8) Are the students involved in research work? 9) What countries does the University maintain contacts with? 10) What facilities does the University have for developing the abilities of young people and for their rest?
5. Find as quickly as possible and read out the sentences containing the following important information:
*6. Try to tell the gist of the text.