Tell what sentences are true and what are false. 1). Mechanization was limited to individual processes, and in a lot of trades it was possible to provide automatic links between manufacturing and organized
1). Mechanization was limited to individual processes, and in a lot of trades it was possible to provide automatic links between manufacturing and organized production as a continuous flow. 2). The control was obtained by an automatic operator which noted faults and deviations and corrected them either directly or through instruments. 3). Electronic devices can detect faults in a processed part, communicate the error to the machine and adjust its operation so as to correct the fault. 4). Nowelectronic devices minimalized the amount of routine brainwork performed at factories. 5). First of all human control was widely established in industries and manufacturies. 6). The present day stage of automation is based on the revolution in computer technology, in computerization of the whole national economy.
2. Choose the right answer:
1) What was the industrial development of the nineteenth century?
a) a change towards human labour;
b) a change towards automatic operation;
c) a change towards computerized work.
2) How was the industrial control obtained in the twentieth century?
a) by a human operator;
b) by an electric device;
c) by FMS.
3) What kind of work did electronic devices reduce at factories?
a) mechanized work;
c) routine brainwork.
4) How are the measurement and correction of errors performed and coordinated?
a) by electronic devices;
b) by skilled workers;
c) by technical know-how.
5) What is the present day stage of automation based on?
a) on the overriding automatic control;
b) on the revolution in computer technology;
c) on the self-feeding automated system.
3. Complete the sentences:
1) Wherever two or more … machines are tied together with … automatic control to create a self-feeding, self-initiating and self-checking …, an automated system is created. 2) But mechanization was limited to … processes, and only in a few trades it was … to provide automatic … between processes and … production as a continuous … . 3) Electromechanical, … and … devices also contributed, but the … of electronic computers marked the new stage in the … of automatic control. 4) Nowelectronic … greatly reduced the … of routine … performed at factories. 5) Electronic … have shown that man can … on them for the … of … based on formal … . 6) The present day … of … is based on the … in computer technology, in … of the whole … economy.
4. Answer the questions:
1) What do you call a step toward automation? 2) What was the industrial development of the nineteenth century? 3) What was the role of a human operator while obtaining the control? 4) What marked the new stage in the development of automatic control? 5) What devices can detect faults in a processed part, communicate the error to the machine and adjust its operation so as to correct the fault? 6) What can these devices do? 7) What is the role of electronic devices nowadays? 8) Where was automatic control widely established? 9) What is stage of automation based on nowadays?
5. Find as quickly as possible and read out the sentences containing the following important information:
*6. Try to tell the gist of the text.