Упр. 317. Передайте следующие предложения в косвенной речи
1. Не said: "I haven't yet seen the film you are talking about." 2. He said: "I seldom went to see my friend in May as I was very busy." 3. My friend said: "We arrived in Kiev on Saturday and the next day we went to have a look around the city." 4. She said to me: "Did you live in St. Petersburg ten years ago?" 5. She said to me: "Were you present at the meeting yesterday?" 6. She said to me: "Are you going to leave St. Petersburg for the summer?" Ч. My friend said to me: "The discussion will still be going on when you return." 8. He said: "I am proud of my brother who took the first prize at the competition." 9. He said to me: "Come at nine o'clock, I shall be free at that time and we shall have a nice cup of coffee." 10. Nina asked her friend: "What did the professor speak about in his lecture?" 11. Ann said: "He is one of the best speakers I have ever heard." 12. She asked me: "How long have you been living in St. Petersburg?" 13. She said: "He has just left." 14. He asked me: "When will your parents arrive in St. Petersburg?" 15. She asked her brother: "Will you manage to get tickets to the Philharmonic on Sunday?"
Упр. 318. Восстановите прямую речь в следующих предложениях.
1. John asked Mary if she was afraid of thunderstorm. 2. He asked her if she had ever walked in rainy weather. 3. Mary told John that she preferred sunny days. 4. The woman asked her son if he was in a hurry. 5. Ann asked if they would go to the country the next day. 6. Kate asked her friend what she liked to do on her days off. 7. I asked the secretary if I might speak to the headmistress. 8. Nick wanted to know if Helen would give him her book. 9. Mary wondered if Jane would be busy the next day. 10. Tom asked if Jane would come to the Philharmonic with him. Jane asked at what time he was planning to go. Tom said that it would take them long to get there. Jane asked where they would meet.
Упр. 319. Восстановите прямую речь в следующих предложениях.
1. George said it was very difficult to play that role. 2. He asked why there were so few people in the street. 3. The man asked the boy if he knew where he lived. 4. The woman told him not to worry and go home quietly. 5. She said that she would sleep in the open air. 6. She wondered if I was going to leave St. Petersburg the next day. 7. He told me that he had bought that watch the day before. 8. Ann said that she had just had a telephone call from home. 9. My neighbour asked me to leave the key at my sister's. 10. He said he could not understand the rule. 11. He told me he had bought a ticket the day before. 12. When I came home, my mother told me that a friend of mine had called on me half an hour before, 13. He said that he studied at Moscow University. 14. She said that her brother was playing chess with her grandfather.
Упр. 320. Восстановите прямую речь в следующих предложениях.
1. Mike said he liked Dickens' novels very much. 2. He told me he had read "Dombey and Son" the year before. 3. The teacher said that the pupils would read the text the next day. 4. She asked me to buy some bread on my way home. 5. Mother told me not to be late for dinner. 6. I asked Mike if he had "Gulliver's Travels." 7. Mike asked me if I had read "Robinson Crusoe" by Daniel Defoe. 8. I asked John if he would be at home at three o'clock. 9. The teacher asked who was ill. 10. Nick asked Pete what he had seen at the museum. 11. Annie said that she had seen the film several months be fore. 12. Lydia said she had not seen it yet 13. Boris told me that he wanted to make a radio set. 14. He told me that he had made a radio-set. 15. Jack said that he often went to see Bob. 16. She said she had seen Mary that day.
Упр. 321. Восстановите прямую речь в следующих предложениях.
1. Не asked me if I had taken part in the foot ball match. 2. She asked me where I lived. 3. Ho said that he had joined a sports society. 4. He told me that he had seen my brother the day before 5. She asked me to hurry up as there was little time left before the beginning of the meeting 6. She asked her friend if the rain had stopped
7. He answered that it was still raining. 8. My sister told me that she had found the book I wa-lookiiig for. 9. He said that he didn't like the man character of the book but he could not explain why 10. He asked his brother what he would do if he did not find the book he needed. 11. I asked my aunt if she was going to her home town for the holidays. 12. He told me that he hadn't been able to ring me up in time. 13. He asked his classmates to wait for him. 14. He asked her if anyone else knew about his arrival. 15. I asked him when he would take his last examination.