Answer the following questions. Перепишите и образуйте формы множественного числа существительных и переведите их на русский язык
Перепишите и образуйте формы множественного числа существительных и переведите их на русский язык.
Sportsman, ball, body, foot, hero, coach, match, bench, knife, member, tomato, faculty, game, day, bus, tooth, wife.
Заполните пропуски в предложениях местоимениями some или any.
1. I have got … English books at home. 2. Are there … places of interest in St. Petersburg? 3. They haven’t got … friends. 4. There were … mistakes in the test. 5. He had … problems yesterday. 6. Can you speak … foreign language?
3.Составьте предложения, используя am / is / are.
1. (my coach / forty years old) … .2. (I / a first – year student) … .3. (the examination / not difficult) … .4. (these races / very dangerous) … .5. (he / angry with his friends) …
Употребите глагол to have или to be в нужной форме.
1. I want … a Master of Sport. 2. We … competition tomorrow. 3. Mary…English twice a week. 4. I…no time to help you. 5. My hobby… cooking. 6. They…wrestlers.
5. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на оборот “ there + be “.
1. There are sixty minutes in an hour.
2. Were there a lot of people at the stadium yesterday?
3. There are some magazines on the table. You may take one of them.
4. There is no smoke without fire.
5. Where there is a will, there is a way.
Раскройте скобки, употребив глаголы в нужной форме.
I (to be) a coach. I (to work) at the Palace of Sport. Last year I(to be ) a student. I (to be) 25 years old now.
I (to have) a family. It (to be) not very large. I (to have) a wife and a daughter. My wife not (work) now. My daughter (to be) born last year. She (to be) one year old.
My parents not (to live) in Ufa now. They (to move) to Moscow last year. They not (to work), they (to be) retired.
7. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык. Подчеркните в них глагол – сказуемое и укажите его видовременную форму.
1.My friend goes in for swimming.
2.Many people are fond of football.
3.Our team took the first place last year.
4.They trained much two days ago.
5.We shall take up boxing next year.
Read and translate the text.
P.F.Lesgaft was born in 1837. He was a prominent Russian
anatomist and an excellent pedagogue.
After graduation from the Academy he worked for the Degree of Doctor of Medicine. This degree was given to him in 1865 and in 1868 he received the Degree of Doctor of Surgery.
P.F.Lesgaft was the author of “Manual on Physical Education for Schoolchildren“. His theory for physical education is based on the scientific foundation of anatomy, physiology and psychology. This theory is well associated with intellectual, moral and esthetical education.
“The tasks of physical education should have the aim of teaching the young man to control his body and his needs and be able to manage with certain jobs” - Lesgaft pointed out in his “Manual.”
About 130 scientific works were written by P.F.Lesgaft . Many of them were translated into foreign languages. One of his main books was called “The Basis of Theoretical Anatomy”. In his work Lesgaft divided the muscles into two basic groups – static and dynamic. They were called strong and skilled.
He determined that the static muscles were formed by short bands of muscular fibers, the dynamic muscles were formed by the bands of long muscular fibers. His studies on static and dynamic muscles were continued by other scientists.
9. Choose the right variant:
1. P.F.Lesgaft was a prominent researcher who
a) studied the structure of the human bones
b) worked out the science of physical culture
c) was born in the 20th century
2. P.F.Lesgaft determined that the static muscles were formed by
a) long bands of muscular fibers
b) short bands of muscular fibers
c) the dynamic muscles
Answer the following questions.
1. What was P.F.Lesgaft?
2. What is his theory of physical education based on?
3. What did he determine?
4. How many scientific works were written by P.F.Lesgaft?