ПРИМЕРНЫЙ ПЕРЕЧЕНЬ ВОПРОСОВ О СПЕЦИАЛЬНОСТИ И НАУЧНОЙ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ АСПИРАНТА
1.Who is your scientific supervisor and what is his/her contribution to science?
My scientific supervisor is E.I. Shmitko. He is doctor of technical science, professor, head of the chair of “Technology of Building Materials and Structures”. He has many publications devoted to the problem of cellular concrete. My scientific supervisor is considered to be a competent specialist. He is the man to be relied on.
2. What does your scientific work deal with? Or: What problem do you investigate?
My scientific work deals with the problem concerning structure of cellular concrete. Or: I’m going to investigate the problem … .
3. What can you say about your scientific work?
While speaking about my scientific work it should be said that it is very important for building industry.
It is common knowledge that cellular concrete is widely used in construction. But technology of cellular concrete has not fully investigated several operations that result in some variable properties of concrete.
It should be stressed that it is the density that determines the properties of cellular concrete.
The aim of my research is to control the characteristics of cellular concrete structures. I will determine the possibilities of controlling the characteristics of cellular concrete structures by means of different factors.
I’m going to carry out the theoretical analysis of experimental data.I will also deliver some recommendations for producing cellular concrete with better properties and characteristics.
In conclusion I’d like to say that my recommendations will be useful for enterprises producing products from cellular concrete.
5. Do you need any special equipment for fulfilling your investigation?
For fulfilling my investigation I will use different measuring devices, plants, tools and computer programs.
6. What illustrations are you going to prepare to demonstrate the results of your investigation?
To demonstrate the results of my investigation I am going to prepare different tables, diagrams, graphs, drawings because they will help me to convincingly and precisely prove my conclusions.
7. What conclusions will you make if the results of your research are positive/negative?
If the results of my research are positive I will make the conclusion that I have managed to increase the quality of cellular concrete and to develop a new complex method for its estimation.
If the results of my research are negative I will make the conclusion that I have to further investigate the problem under other conditions and with other parameters.
8. How do you plan you research?
First of all, I make up the plan of my research. Then I analyze literature concerning the field of my research both in Russian and in English, sum up the information obtained, carry out my experiment, make conclusions and apply the results of my research in practice.
9. What have you already managed to do?
I have already managed to make up the plan of my research, to analyze some literature both in English and in Russian, and to prepare an article dealing with my research for publication.
10. What points of your plan have you failed to fulfill?
I have failed to make my experiment, to make conclusions and to apply the results of my research in practice.
11. How will you continue your investigation?
I will continue to analyze literature concerning my research. I will carry out my experiment, make conclusions and apply the results of my research in practice.
12. How many English publications important for your research have you found?
I have found about twenty English publications important for my research and I have already analyzed all of them.
13. How many key terms have you selected from the English publications?
I have selected about 50 key terms from the English publications. The most important of them are: cellular concrete, foam generator, foam liquid concentrate and others.
14. What points of view expressed in the publications do you criticize?
It should be said that at present I only analyze literature and get acquainted with different points of view, so I don’t criticize anything.
15. Who are the best informed scientists in the field of your research?
The best informed scientists in the field of my research are Ye.M. Chernyshov,
A.N. Fedin, Ye.I Shmitko, J. Gonsales, Sh. Wood and others.
16. How long can it take you to complete your research?
I think that it can take me about two years to complete my research.
17. By what time/by when will you have completed your research?
I hope that I will have completed my research by the end of 2015.
18. What contribution may your research make into science?
I think that the recommendations done by me will be useful for building industry.
19. Did you take part in scientific conferences?
Yes, I did. I took part in scientific conferences held in our University and in some other institutions.
20. Did you make any reports? What were they devoted to? Were your reports a success?
Yes, I did. I made some reports. They were devoted to the problem of my research. I think that my reports were a success because there were a lot of questions and I answered all of them.
21. Are you going to take part in scientific conferences in the future?
There is no doubt about it. I will certainly take part in scientific conferences and I will make reports devoted to the theme of my research.
21. Have you got any publications?
Not yet. But in the near future I am going to prepare some articles for publication. They will be devoted to the theme of my research.
Or: Yes, I have. I have got two publications devoted to the theme of my investigation. They were published in the proceedings of our University.
22. What is the purpose of your publications?
The main purpose of my publications is to attract attention of scientists to the problem of my research and to make a certain contribution to science.
23. How long have you been working at your research?
I have been working at my research for about two years/ since 2010.
24. By when had you completed your précis?
I had completed my précis by the end of April/September.
25. Speak about your précis?
While speaking about my précis it should be said that I have analyzed about 20 papers to prepare it. It consists of an introduction, seven main parts, professional vocabulary and references. The main parts deal with the history of cellular concrete and the technology of its production. Professional vocabulary contains 80 key-terms connected with problem being investigated. References have 10 names.
26. What do you think the social role of your investigation is?
In my opinion, my investigation will help to improve the quality of production, to reduce a total cost of housing construction and to provide people with harmless and safe houses to live in.
27. Why are you interested in such a problem?
I am interested in such a problem because I consider it to be urgent and timely but not thoroughly investigated yet.
28. What kind of sources do you prefer to use for the theoretical substantiation/grounds of your research?
For the theoretical grounds of my research I prefer to use some works of my scientific supervisor, different publications of Russian and foreign scientists and the materials presented by the Internet.
29. Could you speak about the historical background of your problem?
As far as I know some aspects of this problem have been already investigated both by Russian and foreign scientists but still some of them should be further studied. So, my task is to fill in this gap, and I will do my best to accomplish it.
30. Can you say now what structure of your dissertation will be? How many chapters will it consist of?
Now I can’t exactly say anything about the structure of my dissertation. But I think that it will consist of three chapters, conclusions and Appendix.We willdecide this problem with my scientific supervisor together. I am sure he/she will help me.
Данные методические указания призваны помочь аспирантам в подготовке к сдаче кандидатского экзамена по иностранному (английскому) языку и в написании реферата по прочитанной литературе.
Работа с настоящими методическими указаниями способствует развитию основных навыков по всем видам речевой деятельности, необходимых и достаточных для осуществления устной и письменной коммуникации, а также навыков и умений перевода специальных научных текстов, что соответствует требованиям к кандидатскому экзамену по иностранному языку.
Рекомендуются к использованию как для самостоятельной работы, так и для работы под руководством преподавателя.