Translate the following sentences into Russian paying attention to the translation of Passive constructions
1.Special kinds of equipment for developing African countries have been produced by one of the Ural building plants. 2. He was asked to take part in the expedition last week. 3.The building of the theatre is being reconstructed. 4. The work will be performed in due time. 5. My friend was glad to have been given such an interesting book to read. 6. The experiment was very important and it was being watched with great attention. 7. The Urals is known as a region of the greatest mineral resources. 8. The growth of heavy industry is always paid great attention to.
III. Work on wordmaking.
А) Find a noun in each row.
1. a) developing, b)development , c) developed, d) develop
2. a) provide, b) providing, £)) provision, d) provided
3. a) attend , b)'attention, c) attentive, d) attending
4. a) knowledge, b) smaller, c) know, d) knows
5. a) better, b)keep, c) keeper d) kept
6. a)finder, b) finding, c) finds, d) harder
7. a) build, b) better, c) built, d) builder
8. а) behavior b) therefore, c) until, d) think
9. a) possible, b) other, c) throw, d) influence
10. a) quite, b)way, c) equip, d) later
Б) Find an adjective in each row.
1. a) probably, b) property, с) probable, d) properly
2. a) suddenly, b) different, c) degree, d) during
3. a) excellent, b) member, c) enough, d) explanation
4. a) dangerous, b) danger, c) determine, d) discovery.
5. a) changes, b) consideration, c) consist, d) changeable
6. a)decision, b) decide, c) decisive d) divide
7. a) possible b)probably c) opportunity, d) provide
8. a) simplicity, b) shake c) scientific d) schedule
9. a) production, b) productive, c) produce, d) provision
10. a) attends, b) admission, c) achievement, d) attentive
Read and learn the dialogue by heart.
Keep to the left.
By G. C. Thornley
A street in an English town. A policeman stops a car. In the car there is a visitor from another country.
Policeman: (holding up his hand) Stop!
Visitor: (in the car) What's the matter? -
Policeman: Why are you driving on the right side of the road?
Visitor: Do you want me to drive on the wrong side?
Policeman: You are driving on the wrong side.
Visitor: You said that I was driving on the right side.
Policeman: That's right. You're on the right, and that's wrong.
Visitor: A strange country! If right is wrong, I'm right when I'm on the wrong side. So why did you stop me?
Policeman: My dear sir, you must keep to the left. The right side is the left.
Visitor: It's like a looking-glass! I'll try to remember. Well, I want to go to Bellwood. Will you kindly tell me the way?
Policeman: Certainly. At the end of this road, turn left.
Visitor: Now let me think. Turn left! In England left is right, and right is wrong. Am I right? Policeman: You'll be right if you turn left. But if you turn right, you'll be wrong.
Visitor: Thank you. It's as clear as daylight.
Give English equivalents and fill in the squares.
По горизонтали: 1. автомобиль; 2. далеко; 4. поворачивать; 5. плавать; 6. и; 7. палатка; 10. очень; 11. моложе; 12. останавливаться; 16.рука (от кисти до плеча); 17. горшок; 19. вы; 22. нос.
По вертикали: 3. шляпа; 5. начинать; 8.прошедшее время от глагола “to win”; 9. каждый, всякий; 13. причастие прошедшего времени от глагола “to do”; 14. отрицание «не»; 15. марка; 18. пытаться; 20. или; 21. один; 23. молодой; 24. сокращенное обозначе-ние словосочетания «после полудня»; 25. к.